Sealcoating is the best way to extend your asphalt driveway’s lifespan and preserve its great appearance. However, the sealcoating process isn’t quite over once the paving crew leaves the job site. There is also some sealcoating aftercare maintenance in Santa Rosa, CA that homeowners need to perform on their own. Continue reading to learn a few of our top tips:
- Wait to walk: Sealcoat dries quickly, but it’s not immediate. Walking on sealcoat before it’s fully cured may lead to depressions on the surface. The time it takes to cure depends on the temperature outside. If it’s above 60 degrees, it will take 24 hours, while 50 degrees takes 36 hours and 45 degrees takes 48 hours. We don’t recommend sealcoating if it’s below 45 degrees outside.
- Water the driveway: To further help the curing process, we recommend watering your newly-sealed driveway. Wait until the sun no longer hits the driveway and spray the asphalt with your watering hose. Sprinkle about 80 percent of the driveway, focusing on areas where you’ll be walking on it the most. This quick sealcoating aftercare maintenance in Santa Rosa, CA can reduce the cure time and make the seal stronger.
- Keep it clean: Any leaves or pine needles that blow onto the surface while it’s curing aren’t a huge deal. However, for long-term care, you’ll want to be careful about oil and gas stains on the pavement. Keep a bag of kitty litter on hand and sprinkle a handful of the litter on the puddles as soon as you notice them. After the litter absorbs the moisture, simply sweep it off with a broom.
When’s the best time of year to sealcoat?
Sealcoating can be performed nearly all year long—the ground and air temperatures just need to be above 45 degrees. However, the warmer the weather, the better. As we learned above, warmer weather means the sealcoating process will be completed faster, so we recommend sealcoating in the summer months or early fall.
Choose Sikes Asphalt Group Inc.
Be sure to hire the team at Sikes Asphalt Group Inc. the next time your driveway needs to be sealcoated. Here are a few reasons our customers come to us for their driveway needs:
- Guaranteed results: After hiring our team and following our sealcoating aftercare tips in Santa Rosa, CA, you can rest easy knowing you’ll have a great-looking driveway. We provide the highest quality of service in everything we do.
- Wide range of services: Speaking of our services, we do much more than sealcoating! We also perform paving work, striping, general maintenance and much more.
- Affordable pricing: You won’t need to worry about overpaying when you hire our team at Sikes Asphalt Group Inc. In addition to offering competitive prices for all of our services, we also give free estimates to our customers.
Since summertime is the best time to sealcoat your driveway, call us today to get started with your project. Just be sure to follow all of our sealcoating aftercare tips in Santa Rosa, CA once we’re finished!