The condition of your driveway is important when it comes to its aesthetic appeal, functionality and safety, but driveways naturally wear out over time. There are a lot of different things that can cause wear and tear on your driveway, and it’s important to minimize the damage to your concrete by investing time into driveway care in Santa Rosa, CA. With the right driveway maintenance and care, your investment should be able to last for years to come.
Here are some simple tips for concrete driveway care in Santa Rosa, CA that you can follow to keep your pavement in the best condition possible:
- Keep your pavement clean: Pavement is exposed to all kinds of debris and contaminants, including motor oil, heavy precipitation and falling leaves and branches. Not only do all of these things make your pavement look dirty, they can also cause it to deteriorate over time. Keeping your concrete clean by investing in power washing services is a great way for you to keep your driveway looking its best.
- Minimize spills and stains: Since motor oils and other liquids have the potential to degrade the surface of your concrete, it’s a good idea to try to minimize exposure as much as possible. If your vehicle is dripping oil or other fluids, you should have it repaired as soon as possible. If you change your oil in your driveway, make sure you lay down cardboard or another protective layer to keep the fluids from damaging your concrete.
- Don’t use harsh chemicals: Harsh deicing chemicals are used to improve the safety of driveways during the winter months, but these products have the potential to do lasting damage to your concrete. Instead of using harsh deicers or salt during the winter, spread sand on your driveway to improve traction with the road when it’s snowy or icy outside.
- Be proactive about repair: If your driveway becomes damaged, it’s important that you handle repairs as soon as possible. Minor concrete damage, like small cracks or holes, is easy to repair, and it usually doesn’t cost a fortune. The longer you neglect repairs, the more likely it is that the problem will get worse and that you will be left with a much more extensive and costly repair project down the road.
- Invest in regular sealing: Sealing is an effective way to protect your concrete from all sorts of damage. Sealing services are typically recommended every few years, and they are essential for proper driveway care in Santa Rosa, CA
Concrete driveway care in Santa Rosa, CA
At Sikes Asphalt Group Inc., we know how important it is to invest in driveway care in Santa Rosa, CA, and we are here to provide you with the services you need to keep your concrete in the best shape possible. Regardless of your specific needs, you can feel confident that you will always receive the highest quality of services possible from our locally owned and operated business. Learn more about our services and get a quote for your project by giving us a call today!
Categorised in: Concrete
This post was written by writer