If you’re a homeowner, you have myriad tasks on your to-do list each season. From lawn care to roof replacement, the list seems to never end. With so much on your plate, it can be easy to skip one essential item: your driveway. You might wonder why it’s so important to worry about your asphalt in Santa Rosa, CA.
The truth is, whether you have a driveway made of asphalt or concrete in Santa Rosa, CA, it is essential to properly maintain this part of your property with appropriate sealing and repairs. Here’s why:
- Appearance: While you may focus on a manicured lawn or perfectly painted shutters to boost your curb appeal, don’t overlook the effect your driveway can have on your home’s appearance. Freshly sealed concrete in Santa Rosa, CA offers a rich and glossy sheen. You can choose the level of gloss you prefer, and the final result will be an attractive drive to welcome you and your visitors to your home. The sharp appearance can help with resale or simply to make your home the envy of the block.
- Safety: Damaged driveways are tripping hazards. Maintain a smooth, sealed surface on your driveway to keep your property safe. Adding a slip-resistant sealer to your driveway can further increase the safety factor of the surface. This is particularly helpful on sloped surfaces or on driveways located near stairs, sidewalks or pools. When the concrete in Santa Rosa, CA gets wet, it will be safer for pedestrians.
- Stains: When exposed to the elements, concrete or asphalt in Santa Rosa, CA can encounter dirt, leaves, animal waste, tire tracks and a slew of other stain-causing factors. Resurfacing or re-staining your driveway will remove these stains and protect it from future blemishes. This can prevent further deterioration of the surface and improve the aesthetics of the driveway.
- Freeze-thaw protection: When your concrete in Santa Rosa, CA gets wet, any cracks in the surface allow moisture to penetrate the material. If the temperature then drops overnight, the water can freeze inside the driveway. As it expands, the water can cause damage to the driveway. Proper maintenance of your drive by sealing the surface and repairing any cracks will prevent this damage.
- Longevity: As with any other portion of your property, regular maintenance of your driveway can help extend its lifespan. Since a new driveway is a significant investment, homeowners want to make each one last as long as possible. By staying on top of regular driveway maintenance, you can keep repairs and replacement to a minimum.
If you want to ensure your asphalt in Santa Rosa, CA is properly maintained, partner with the pros at Sikes Asphalt Group Inc. We offer both residential and commercial services and specialize in both asphalt and concrete in Santa Rosa, CA. We bring over 15 years of experience to every project, and our top priority is customer satisfaction. Reach out to our team today with any questions or to get started on your maintenance.
This post was written by writer