Spring might seem like a long way off, but it will be here sooner than you know it. And when it is, you’ll need to start thinking about some various outdoor chores, including sealcoating your asphalt in Santa Rosa, CA.
Here are just a few of the biggest benefits of sealcoating every year after the winter months are over:
- Reduce long-term costs: Sealcoating preserves the quality of your asphalt and pavement for many years. By keeping your asphalt protected from the elements that could cause it to develop cracks or holes, you are reducing the costs you would have to spend on filling those holes or ultimately repaving long before you would otherwise have to. So while it is an initial upfront cost you must pay, it is worth it in the long run to avoid multiple re-pavings.
- Accelerate snow and ice melting: Snow and ice isn’t extremely common here in California, but it can happen. When it does, the last thing you want is for it to build up on your pavement, as it could cause some dangerous slippery conditions and weaken the integrity of your pavement. Sealcoat has certain aspects that accelerate the melting of snow and ice on the surface of your pavement, which will ensure it stays in good condition and is safe for people to walk on.
- Protect from oxidation and spills: Sealcoating helps to protect your asphalt from the effects of oxidation, as well as various spills. If, for example, you spill any oil or chemical on top of your pavement, it will not seep into the surface. This is especially important if you perform any vehicle maintenance or other types of maintenance jobs on top of your pavement.
- Protect against the elements: One of the biggest factors in weakening and damaging pavement is exposure to the elements. Water, rain, frost and snow can wreak havoc on pavement over the course of time, especially if water is able to penetrate into the subgrade. Water that gets under the subgrade can freeze during the colder winter months and expand, causing cracks and holes to form in the surface that will need to be repaired. Preventing water from getting underneath the surface of the pavement can help you prevent most of these issues from occurring.
- Improve the appearance of your property: Having damaged, ugly, stained pavement can absolutely kill your curb appeal. So while there is an element of pride to having your property look as good as it possibly can, there’s also an important element of home value to consider, especially if you are planning on selling your home any time soon. Take care of your property, and its appearance will benefit you later on.
These are just a few of the primary benefits associated with sealcoating your pavement. If you have any more questions about the sealcoating process or the various other services we provide, we encourage you to reach out to Sikes Asphalt Group Inc. today for more information about how we can help with your asphalt in Santa Rosa, CA.
Categorised in: Asphalt
This post was written by writer